Hey guys and gals, it’s been a while! Today I’ve got an artist interview for you from 1tiptip1 on deviantArt. I recognize her by the wonderful nature photographs on her account and her pet reference photos.
1. How do you view your artistic activity?
Right now it’s just a hobby.
My dream is to someday write a novel. The novel I’m trying to work on is a science fiction/paranormal/fantasy type setting. Basically a world where people have traveled to other planets through out history but still has the fantasy paranormal elements to it.
I really love table top RPG books. I always thought it would be awesome to design one. I love building worlds and thinking how things can fit into them.
I’d also love to make my own Tabletop RPG books.
2. Where, when, with what are you the most inspired and in touch with your creative energy?
I actually get a lot of inspiration from documentaries. I’ve come up with a few ideas watching everything from history to nature and thinking of how things could work in a different world. I find if I’m trying to work on some concept in a story looking at the concept in real life from around the world and through history helps put a bit of realism to the story.
3. What are your favorite kinds of pieces to work on and develop?
I love character and world building. To me the two can really go together. Whenever you work on a setting, world or piece of history it can really make other parts of your story really click together.
4. Who are some of the artists who inspire you the most?
Aerophoinix, Abbysol, Armanie-Zacharias, DarkQuartz, Jolsma, DancesWithDreams. There are a lot more. These people are creative and when speaking to them [I find that] they put a lot of thought into their characters and worlds.
5. How do you recommend other artists/creatives address their difficulty or skill they find lacking and want to improve?
I find sometimes when I’m really not happy with something I should leave it alone for a while. Sometimes if I take my mind off something and work on something else all the stuff I was stressing over isn’t so bad when I look at it again. Or sometimes the thing I was trying to desperately fit in that didn’t work won’t seem so hard to let go.
6. What are your interests outside of your artistic endeavors? Do you think these are important to explore to improve your art?
I like to work with polymer clay and in the summer try to garden. Also, cats – I have a horrid obsession with cats.
7. Is there a place you would like to visit in the future (out of state/abroad)?
I would like to someday see Alaska or Australia. Someplace with a lot of nature.
Thank you for taking a moment to read this interview and thank you, Tip, for participating! Take a moment to look through Tip’s gallery – linked above.
Prizes from the writing contest “And Scene” are in progress on deviantArt. Links will be available soon!
- First Prize: 1tiptip1 – artist feature and color illustration of one character [Kaleb]
- Second Prize: Sleyf – flat color illustration of one character
- Third Prize: GerryTHC – chibi illustration of one character
- Raffle Draw: DancesWithDreams – icon
- Raffle Draw: Feu-en-Bleu – icon
Thank you for keeping an eye out, patient ones! I do have a few write-this-again posts developing from the most popular research topics on my last blog site. They should be fun and amusing – at least for me. Catch you around!
Other Artist Interviews: